A lot of people are often confused about the differences between Vaginitis and Vaginosis, but not anymore. In this post, you will learn about the top 5 differences between Vaginitis vs Vaginosis.
Let’s take a look:
The main difference between the two is that vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina, while vaginosis is an imbalance of the natural bacteria found in the vagina.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Vaginitis and Vaginosis:
- Vaginitis: Vaginitis refers to an inflammation of the vagina, which can be caused by a variety of things such as an infection, irritation, or an allergic reaction.
- Vaginosis: Vaginosis refers to an imbalance in the natural bacteria found in the vagina, which can lead to an overgrowth of harmful bacteria and result in unpleasant symptoms such as a fishy odor and discharge.
Top 5 differences between Vaginitis and Vaginosis
Now, let’s move to Vaginitis vs Vaginosis:
|Vaginitis can be caused by a variety of things such as an infection, irritation, or an allergic reaction.
|Vaginosis is caused by an overgrowth of harmful bacteria.
|Vaginitis can result in symptoms such as itching, burning, and discharge.
|Vaginosis can result in symptoms such as a fishy odor and discharge.
|Vaginitis symptoms can be relieved by keeping the area clean and dry.
|Vaginosis symptoms can be relieved by maintaining good hygiene and avoiding unnecessary antibiotics.
|Vaginitis is an acute condition.
|Vaginosis is considered a chronic condition.
|Vaginitis can result in a thick, white or gray discharge.
|Vaginosis discharge is thin and grayish white.
Are there any similarities between Vaginitis and Vaginosis?
There are a few similarities between vaginitis and vaginosis. Both can cause symptoms such as itching, burning, and discharge.
- Differences Between Natural Breast and Implant Breast
- Differences Between Breast Mass and Breast Lump
- Differences Between Breast Lump and Breast Bump
I hope this article has helped clear up any confusion you had about Vaginitis and Vaginosis.
If you still have a related query, feel free to let me know in the comments below.