A lot of people are often confused about the differences between Silicone Lubes and Water Based Lubes, but not anymore. In this post, you will learn about the top 5 differences between Silicone Lubes vs Water Based Lubes.
Let’s take a look:
The main difference between silicone-based lubricants and water-based lubricants is their composition and durability. Silicone-based lubricants are made from a blend of silicones and other ingredients, making them long-lasting and resistant to drying out while water-based lubricants are made from water and other ingredients, making them easier to clean up but less durable than silicone lubes.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Silicone Lubes and Water Based Lubes:
- Silicone Lubes: Silicone lubes, also known as silicone-based lubricants, are personal lubricants made from a blend of silicones and other ingredients. They are commonly used for sexual activities to reduce friction and increase comfort.
- Water Based Lubes: Water-based lubes, also known as water-based lubricants, are personal lubricants made from water and other ingredients, such as glycerin, propylene glycol, or carrageenan. They are commonly used for sexual activities to reduce friction and increase comfort.
Top 5 differences between Silicone Lubes and Water Based Lubes
Now, let’s move to Silicone Lubes vs Water Based Lubes:
|Silicone Lubes||Water Based Lubes|
|Silicone lubes are not recommended for use with silicone-based toys, as they can break down the material.||Water-based lubes are compatible with all types of toys and are safe to use.|
|Silicone lubes do not get absorbed by the skin.||Water-based lubes can get absorbed, requiring reapplication.|
|Silicone lubes tend to be more expensive than water-based lubes.||Water based lubes are less expensive comparatively.|
|Silicone lubes are typically tasteless and odorless.||Some water-based lubes can have a slight taste or smell.|
|Water-based lubes are easily cleaned up with soap and water.||Silicone lubes tend to require more effort to remove.|
Are there any similarities between Silicone Lubes and Water Based Lubes?
Both silicone lubes and water-based lubes serve the same purpose, which is to reduce friction and make intimate experiences more comfortable.
- Differences Between Manual Breast Pump and Electric Breast Pump
- Differences Between HGH and Testosterone
- Differences Between Dildo and Vibrator
I hope this article has helped clear up any confusion you had about Silicone Lubes and Water Based Lubes.
If you still have a related query, feel free to let me know in the comments below.