A lot of people are often confused about the differences between Ingrown Hair and Genital Warts, but not anymore. In this post, you will learn about the top 5 differences between Ingrown Hair vs Genital Warts.
Let’s take a look:
The main difference between the two is that ingrown hairs are caused by hair growth, while genital warts are caused by a virus.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Ingrown Hair and Genital Warts:
- Ingrown Hair: Ingrown hairs are hairs that have grown into the skin instead of up and out. They can cause redness, itching, and pain in the affected area, and are common in areas that are shaved or waxed, such as the pubic area.
- Genital Warts: Genital Warts are small, flesh-colored growths that can appear on the genital or anal area. They are caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus (HPV) and are highly contagious.
Top 5 differences between Ingrown Hair and Genital Warts
Now, let’s move to Ingrown Hair vs Genital Warts:
|Ingrown Hair||Genital Warts|
|Ingrown Hairs are caused by hair that has grown back into the skin.||Genital Warts are caused by a virus.|
|Ingrown Hairs can be treated with proper grooming techniques, exfoliating the skin, and using creams or ointments.||Genital Warts can be treated with prescription medication or removal by a healthcare professional.|
|Ingrown Hairs are not contagious.||Genital Warts are highly contagious and can be spread through sexual contact.|
|Ingrown Hairs can be prevented by using proper grooming techniques and avoiding shaving or waxing in the same direction as the hair growth.||There is no guaranteed way to prevent Genital Warts.|
|Ingrown Hairs can cause redness, swelling, and pain.||Genital Warts can cause pain, itching, or discomfort.|
Are there any similarities between Ingrown Hair and Genital Warts?
Both ingrown hairs and genital warts can cause redness, itching, and pain in the genital or anal area. However, that’s where the similarities end.
- Differences Between Hemorrhoids and Herpes
- Differences Between Gynecomastia and Chest Fat
- Differences Between Silicone Lubes and Water Based Lubes
I hope this article has helped clear up any confusion you had about Ingrown Hair and Genital Warts.
If you still have a related query, feel free to let me know in the comments below.