A lot of people are often confused about the differences between Breast Mass and Breast Lump, but not anymore. In this post, you will learn about the top 5 differences between Breast Mass vs Breast Lump.
Let’s take a look:
The main difference between the two is that breast mass refers to any abnormal growth in the breast, while a breast lump specifically refers to an abnormal growth that can be felt as a lump or mass in the breast.
Before we move to the differences, let’s understand what are Breast Mass and Breast Lump:
- Breast Mass: Breast mass refers to any abnormal growth or lump in the breast. This can be benign or malignant and can be caused by a variety of things, such as a cyst or a tumor.
- Breast Lump: A breast lump is a specific type of breast mass that can be felt as a lump or mass in the breast.
Top 5 differences between Breast Mass and Breast Lump
Now, let’s move to Breast Mass vs Breast Lump:
|Breast Mass||Breast Lump|
|A breast mass can be located anywhere in the breast.||A breast lump is usually located in one specific area of the breast.|
|A breast mass may or may not be painful.||A breast lump may or may not be painful.|
|A breast mass may be a cyst, fibroadenoma, or tumor.||A breast lump may be caused by a variety of things, such as a cyst, fibroadenoma, or tumor.|
|A breast mass can be a single or multiple growth.||A breast lump is usually a single lump or mass.|
|A breast mass can be moveable or fixed.||A breast lump is usually fixed in position.|
Are there any similarities between Breast Mass and Breast Lump?
Both are abnormal growths in the breast and can be caused by a variety of things.
- Differences Between Breast Lump and Breast Bump
- Differences Between Breast Tissue and Breast Lump
- Differences Between Real Boobs and Fake Boobs
I hope this article has helped clear up any confusion you had about Breast Mass and Breast Lump.
If you still have a related query, feel free to let me know in the comments below.