Want to be the captain of your own sexual pleasure? Look no further than the magnificent Piledriver Sex Position!
According to Rachel Needle, PsyD, a psychologist and sex therapist in private practice, the Piledriver position provides the opportunity for deeper penetration in the vagina or anus, which can be particularly enjoyable for some people.
Get ready for an exciting adventure in the bedroom! The Piledriver sex position is a must-try for anyone who wants to add some spark to their intimate moments. It’s perfect for both experienced lovers and those just starting out.
We’ve got all the tips and tricks to make your experience even more amazing. So, let’s heat things up and have some fun!
What is the Piledriver sex position?
The piledriver (or Butter churner) is a sexual position in which the receiving partner lies on their neck with their hips up in the air and legs extended horizontally past the head or up in the air. The penetrating partner stands with their legs on either side of the receiving partner and bends their legs slightly to penetrate either vaginally or anally.
The piledriver can be enjoyable for those who like deep penetration and are willing to explore new and challenging sexual positions.
|Alternate name(s)||Jackhammer, Shoulder stand, Butter churner|
|Position type(s)||Man on top, Standing, Anal sex|
|Stimulation||A-spot stimulation, G-spot stimulation|
**Impressiveness: This refers to how visually impressive or exciting the position is. This ranges from 1 (not impressive at all) to 10 (extremely impressive).
***Romanticness: This refers to how romantic or intimate the position is. This ranges from 1 (not romantic at all) to 10 (extremely romantic).
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Piledriver position
- Dominance/submission: The position can be a way for one partner to demonstrate dominance, while the other partner submits.
- Increased sensation: The position can provide increased sensation for both the giver and the receiver, due to the angle of penetration.
- Deep penetration: The piledriver position allows for deep penetration, which can be pleasurable for both partners.
Disadvantages of Piledriver position
- Lack of intimacy: The position does not allow for face-to-face contact, which can make it difficult to maintain a sense of intimacy.
- Difficult: The piledriver position is an advanced position that requires significant strength and flexibility, which can be difficult for some couples to achieve.
- Injury: The piledriver position can be risky, as it puts both partners in positions that can increase the risk of injury, particularly to the neck and penis.
How to do Piledriver sex position?
- Start with the receiver lying on their back: The receiver should lie on their back with their hips up in the air and their legs extended past their head or in the air.
- The giver should stand: The giving partner should stand with their feet on either side of their partner’s body.
- The giver should bend their legs and penetrate: The giver should bend their legs slightly and use their hands to guide their penis or strap-on into their partner’s vagina or anus.
- The giver should support the receiver’s legs: The giver can hold onto their partner’s legs for stability and to support their weight.
- Engage in slow and careful movements: The giver should be careful with their movements and not thrust too vigorously in this position. They can lean forward to reduce the angle of penetration and make sex more comfortable for both partners.
What the man does in the Piledriver position
Role in the position
In the Piledriver sex position, the man assumes the role of the giver, and the woman is the receiver. The man stands with his legs on either side of the woman, who is lying on her back with her hips up in the air and her legs extended horizontally past her head or up in the air.
Supports the woman
To support the woman, the man can hold her legs for stability and to help her maintain her position. He can also caress the lower half of her body, including her buttocks and thighs, to enhance her pleasure.
Stimulates the woman
The Piledriver position allows for deep penetration, which can be stimulating for the woman. The man can thrust in a way that hits the G-spot, as well as the A-spot, which is located deeper in the vagina. He can also use his hands to stimulate the clitoris or nipples, depending on the woman’s preferences. Additionally, the position allows for the woman to experience a sense of exhilaration due to the blood rushing to her head. This can create a sense of euphoria and heightened pleasure.
What the woman does in the Piledriver position
Role in the position
The woman lies on her back and supports her hips with her hands or arms. Her legs are extended upwards, either straight or slightly bent at the knees. She is penetrated by the man who is standing above her. In this position, the woman has a passive role and receives penetration from the man.
Controlling the depth and pace of penetration
The woman can control the depth and pace of penetration by adjusting the angle of her legs. If she wants deeper penetration, she can straighten her legs more. If she wants shallower penetration, she can bend her knees slightly. She can also control the pace of penetration by signaling to her partner to slow down or speed up.
Touching herself or her partner
In this position, the woman may use her hands to touch herself, stimulate her clitoris or breasts, or hold onto her partner’s legs or hips for support. She may also use her legs to wrap around her partner’s waist to deepen penetration or provide additional support. It’s important for the woman to communicate with her partner about what feels good and what she needs to feel more pleasure during this position.
Likeness for the position
Do men like the Piledriver sex position?
The answer to whether guys like the Piledriver position is subjective and depends on individual preferences.
Some men might find the position uncomfortable or challenging due to the physical demands it places on both partners, while others might find it to be an incredibly intense and pleasurable experience.
However, it’s worth noting that some men might enjoy the sense of dominance that the Piledriver position provides. In this position, the penetrating partner has a lot of control over the depth and angle of penetration, and may find it thrilling to be able to take charge of the sexual encounter in this way. Additionally, the deep penetration offered by the Piledriver position may be particularly stimulating for some men.
Do women like the Piledriver sex position?
Again, the answer to whether women like the Piledriver position is subjective and depends on individual preferences.
The Piledriver sex position is an advanced position that can be enjoyed by some women, but not all. Women who enjoy this position may appreciate the deep penetration it offers, and the sense of dominance and control it can provide. It may also provide stimulation to the G-spot or A-spot, which can enhance pleasure for some women.
However, there are also potential downsides to this position. The angle of penetration can make it uncomfortable or painful for some women, especially if the penetration is too deep. The position can also put pressure on the neck, which can cause discomfort or even injury.
Ultimately, sexual preferences are personal and can vary greatly between individuals. It is important to discuss what positions you both enjoy and are comfortable with to ensure a positive sexual experience.
How to master Piledriver position
Mastering the Piledriver sex position involves a combination of technique, comfort, and communication between partners. Here are a few tips to help you master this position:
- Warm-up: Do some stretches and warm-up exercises to make sure your body is flexible enough for this position.
- Domination: The Piledriver position is often associated with dominance, and some people find it exciting to be in a dominant position. If you’re interested in this aspect of the position, discuss it with your partner beforehand and establish safe words and boundaries.
- Core strength: The Piledriver requires a lot of core and leg strength, so it’s a good idea to do some exercises to build up your strength in these areas.
- Practice makes perfect: The Piledriver position may take some practice to get right. Don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t work the first time. Keep trying, and soon you and your partner will be able to enjoy this unique and exciting position.
- Experiment with stimulation: Since the receiving partner’s head is lower than their body in this position, it can be an excellent opportunity to explore different forms of stimulation, such as light choking, hair-pulling, or spanking.
With these tips, you and your partner can work together to master the Piledriver position and enjoy the many benefits it has to offer.
Tips and tricks to spice up the experience
Here are 3 ways to spice up the Piledriver position:
- Incorporate toys: Adding a vibrator or dildo can intensify pleasure for the receiver.
- Play with dirty talk: Incorporating dirty talk can add a new dimension to the experience. Discuss fantasies and desires with each other beforehand to make sure you’re on the same page.
- Start slow and communicate: Piledriver is an intense position, and it’s essential to communicate and make sure both partners are comfortable. Start slow and build up intensity, checking in with each other throughout.
Health and safety considerations
While the Piledriver sex position offers numerous benefits and allows for more control and customization, it’s essential to consider the physical, emotional, and safety considerations that come with this position.
- Head and Neck Injuries: In the Piledriver sex position, the receiver’s neck and head bear the weight of their body. This can cause strain and injury to the neck and spine, especially if the position is held for an extended period of time. Ensure that the receiver’s neck and head are properly supported and that they do not experience any discomfort or pain.
- Dizziness and Fainting: The receiver may experience dizziness or fainting due to the blood rushing to their head in the Piledriver position. Ensure that the receiver is comfortable and safe during the act, and avoid this position if they have any underlying medical conditions that could be aggravated.
- Injury to the Penis: The position can cause an injury to the penis due to the angle of penetration. The giver should be cautious not to bend the penis too far or to thrust too hard, which could result in a penile fracture.
- Embarrassment or shame: The piledriver position can be seen as a taboo or stigmatized position. Individuals may feel ashamed or embarrassed to suggest or engage in this position. It’s essential to have open and honest communication about sexual preferences and desires, without judgment or shame.
- Performance pressure: The piledriver position can be seen as an advanced or “kinky” position, which may increase performance pressure on both partners. Establish a sense of safety and comfort with your partner, communicate openly, and avoid comparing your performance to unrealistic expectations.
- Fear and anxiety: The piledriver position can be a daunting position, especially for the receiving partner. They may feel anxious about being in such an exposed and vulnerable position. Communication, reassurance, and consent are essential to creating a sense of safety and trust between partners.
- Difficulty stopping or changing position: As the giver may be supporting the receiver’s weight, it can be challenging to stop or change positions quickly. To avoid this, establish clear communication beforehand and use safe words or signals to communicate your needs during the act.
- Injury from slips and falls: The Piledriver requires the penetrating partner to stand, which can be dangerous if done on a slippery surface. Make sure the area is clear of any obstacles and is non-slippery.
- Strain on the lower back and hips: This position can put a lot of strain on the giver’s lower back and hips, especially if they’re standing for an extended period. Practicing yoga or doing hip-opening exercises can help to prepare for this position.
Variations of Piledriver position
The Piledriver position can be varied in several ways to create new and exciting experiences for both partners. Some common modifications of Piledriver sex position include:
- Bent-Leg Piledriver: In this variation, the receiver bends their legs at the knees, instead of extending them horizontally. This can create a different angle of penetration and add variety to the experience.
- Reverse Piledriver: In this variation, the receiver is facing the other way, with their head towards the giver’s feet. The giver can stand in front of or behind the receiver and penetrate from that angle.
- Elevated Piledriver: In this variation, the receiver’s upper body is elevated, such as by propping themselves up on pillows or against a wall. This can change the angle of penetration and make the position more comfortable.
It is important to communicate with your partner about what feels good and what modifications work best for both of you.
Similar sex positions to try
- Reverse Cowgirl
- Rabbit Ears
1. Why is this sex position called Piledriver?
The Piledriver sex position is named after the heavy construction tool, which is used to drive large, vertical piles into the ground. The position involves the penetrating partner standing up and the receiving partner lying on their neck with their hips raised in the air. This pose resembles the position of a pile driver, with the penetrating partner thrusting down into the receiver, similar to the way a pile driver repeatedly pounds the ground to drive a large object deep into the earth. The name is a reflection of the force and intensity of the sexual position, which is known for its deep penetration and powerful thrusting movements.
2. Is Piledriver sex position safe during pregnancy?
The Piledriver sex position is not recommended for pregnant women. There are several reasons why this position may not be safe during pregnancy.
Firstly, the position requires significant strength and flexibility from both partners, which can be challenging for a pregnant woman. It can also be uncomfortable for the woman to lie on her neck and upper back in this position, which may put pressure on her abdomen and potentially harm the fetus.
Secondly, the position involves the man standing up, which increases the risk of the woman falling or losing her balance, especially if she has a growing belly or if her center of gravity has shifted.
Thirdly, the Piledriver position can cause increased pressure on the pelvic floor muscles, which can lead to discomfort or even pain for pregnant women. This can be especially true for women who have weakened pelvic floor muscles or who are experiencing pelvic pain or pressure during pregnancy.
During pregnancy, it is important to be mindful of positions that may be uncomfortable or pose a risk to the growing fetus. And if you’re feeling any kind of discomfort during Piledriver, consult with a doctor to ensure that the sexual activity is safe for you and your baby.
3. Can you get pregnant in Piledriver sex position?
Yes, pregnancy is possible in the Piledriver sex position or any other sexual position. Pregnancy occurs when sperm fertilizes an egg, and this can happen regardless of the sexual position.
You can use contraception if you do not wish to become pregnant.
- Hamilton, Jill. “The Piledriver Sex Position Is the Challenge Your Sex Life Is Craving.” Cosmopolitan, 20 July 2022, https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/positions/g40666575/pile-driver-sex-position/.
- Madeline Kennedy, John. “The Piledriver Sex Position Might Be the Sexual Challenge for You: Here’s How to Do It.” Insider, 10 Nov. 2021, https://www.insider.com/guides/health/sex-relationships/piledriver-sex-position.
- “Nina Hartley’s Guide to Total Sex.” Google Books, https://books.google.com/books/about/Nina_Hartley_s_Guide_to_Total_Sex.html?id=OCwr3J9uoywC. Accessed 17 Feb. 2023.
- Jameson, Sean. “Piledriver Sex Position (+ PICS) + 3 Hyper-Intense Variations.” Bad Girls Bible, 18 Feb. 2021, https://badgirlsbible.com/piledriver-sex-position.
- White, Ro. “How to Do the Piledriver, One of the Hardest Sex Positions Ever.” Men’s Health, 28 Dec. 2022, https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/a42355891/piledriver-sex-position/.