Want to be the captain of your own sexual pleasure? Look no further than the magnificent Eagle Sex Position!
According to a research conducted by Onbuy.com, the reverse cowgirl sex position was named the most popular among Londoners in a 2020 poll. The same year, it was also the most searched position in the UK. The research, which took place in towns or cities with a population of over 100,000 people, was carried out by the online marketplace Onbuy.
Get ready for an exciting adventure in the bedroom! The Eagle sex position is a must-try for anyone who wants to add some spark to their intimate moments. It’s perfect for both experienced lovers and those just starting out.
We’ve got all the tips and tricks to make your experience even more amazing. So, let’s heat things up and have some fun!
What is the Eagle sex position?
The eagle (or broken eagle) sex position is a type of sex position in which one partner lies on their back with their legs spread apart, while the other partner kneels over them.
This position is a variation on the traditional missionary position and can be a good option for those who enjoy deep vaginal or anal penetration, as well as stimulation of the clitoris or P-spot or G-spot.
|Alternate name(s)||Fly high, Spread wings, Open Missionary, Broken eagle|
|Position type(s)||Man on top, Face to face, Anal sex|
|Stimulation||Clitoral stimulation, P-spot stimulation, G-spot stimulation|
**Impressiveness: This refers to how visually impressive or exciting the position is. This ranges from 1 (not impressive at all) to 10 (extremely impressive).
***Romanticness: This refers to how romantic or intimate the position is. This ranges from 1 (not romantic at all) to 10 (extremely romantic).
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Eagle position
- Intimacy: The eagle position allows partners to face each other and look into each other’s eyes, providing a higher level of intimacy.
- Deep Penetration: This position allows for deep penetration, providing more stimulation to the G-spot or P-spot.
- Easy to Adapt: The eagle position can be easily adapted for couples who want to use a strap-on or for those engaging in anal sex.
Disadvantages of Eagle position
- Challenging for Newcomers: The eagle position can be difficult to get into, especially for those who are new to sex or have limited sexual experience.
- Reduced Control: The receptive partner may have reduced control over the angle and speed of penetration, making it more challenging to find a comfortable and pleasurable rhythm.
- Physical Strain: The eagle position requires a certain level of physical fitness and flexibility, which may be challenging for some people.
How to do Eagle sex position?
- Get into position: The receiving partner lies on their back on the bed or other surface. They should spread their legs wide and raise them off the bed, keeping their knees bent.
- Adjust your body: The penetrating partner kneels over the receiving partner, facing their feet. They can adjust their body to align with their partner’s hips, keeping their arms straight and hands on either side of their partner’s body for balance.
- Start penetration: The penetrating partner can then enter their partner, either vaginally or anally, depending on the couple’s preference.
- Find the right rhythm: Once penetration is established, both partners can find a comfortable rhythm, taking turns with the thrusting and allowing the other to take control.
- Experiment with angles: The eagle position provides a lot of flexibility, so partners can experiment with different angles and levels of penetration to find what feels best. This could include adjusting the position of the legs, hips, or torso to change the level of stimulation.
What the man does in the Eagle position
Role in the position
In the eagle sex position, the man is typically the penetrating partner. He takes on an active role, as he is responsible for thrusting into his partner. He also has control over the depth and pace of penetration.
Supports the woman
The man in the eagle position must support his partner in order to ensure their comfort and safety. This can be done by placing his hands on either side of their body or on their hips to help steady himself during thrusting. The man should communicate with his partner, asking for feedback and adjusting as needed to ensure both partners are comfortable.
Stimulates the woman
The man in the eagle position can also stimulate his partner by thrusting into her in such a way as to stimulate her clitoris or other erogenous zones. Additionally, he may be able to reach around and stimulate her manually, either by touching her clitoris or other sensitive areas. Always communicate with your partner and find out what feels good for them, as every woman is different and may prefer different types of stimulation.
What the woman does in the Eagle position
Role in the position
In the eagle position, the woman plays the receptive partner and lies on her back with her legs spread wide. She raises her hips to meet her partner who kneels over her.
Controlling the depth and pace of penetration
The woman in the eagle position has control over the depth and pace of penetration. She can adjust the angle of her hips to control how deep her partner can penetrate her. She can also move her hips in a rhythm to dictate the pace of penetration.
Touching herself or her partner
The woman in the eagle position can touch herself or her partner for added stimulation. She can reach down and touch her clitoris or stimulate her G-spot for extra pleasure. She can also reach out and touch her partner’s body for added stimulation. Additionally, she can wrap her legs around her partner’s hips for added intimacy and control over the pace and depth of penetration.
Likeness for the position
Do men like the Eagle sex position?
The answer to whether guys like the Eagle position is subjective and depends on individual preferences.
Many men enjoy the eagle sex position because it offers a unique and exciting way to experience sexual pleasure with their partner. This position allows for deep penetration, which can stimulate the sensitive nerve endings in the penis. The eagle position also offers a good view of the body of their partner, which can be visually stimulating.
Moreover, the eagle position allows the man to control the pace and depth of penetration, which can be satisfying and empowering. The position’s intimacy and eye contact can enhance the emotional connection between partners, making it a favorite among many men.
However, just as some men may enjoy the eagle position, others may not find it as fulfilling.
Do women like the Eagle sex position?
Again, the answer to whether women like the Eagle position is subjective and depends on individual preferences.
Some women might enjoy the eagle position for its unique angle of penetration, which can stimulate different parts of the vagina and offer a new sensation. The position also allows for more control over the depth and pace of penetration, allowing the woman to dictate the pace and intensity of the experience. Additionally, the position’s face-to-face contact and eye contact can provide a greater sense of intimacy and connection between partners.
However, not all women might be comfortable in the eagle position. Some women may find it physically challenging or uncomfortable to maintain the position, particularly if they have limited mobility. The position may also not be ideal for women who prefer a more passive role during sex, as the eagle position requires the woman to be more actively involved.
Ultimately, sexual preferences are personal and can vary greatly between individuals. It is important to discuss what positions you both enjoy and are comfortable with to ensure a positive sexual experience.
How to master Eagle position
Mastering the Eagle sex position involves a combination of technique, comfort, and communication between partners. Here are a few tips to help you master this position:
- Flexibility: Having good flexibility can help you find the right angle for maximum pleasure in the eagle position. Practicing yoga or other forms of exercise that improve flexibility can help you master the position.
- Experimentation: Try different variations of the eagle position to find what feels good for you and your partner. Experiment with different angles, depths, and speeds of penetration to find the perfect fit.
- Orgasmic Hacks: Focus on clitoral stimulation during penetration to increase the chances of a clitoral orgasm. Using a sex toy or hand stimulation can help to achieve this.
- Domination Tips: If you’re interested in exploring power dynamics in the bedroom, the eagle position can be a great way to experiment with domination. The person on top has a lot of control in this position, making it a great choice for those who enjoy taking charge.
- Prolonged Enjoyment: With the right preparation, you can prolong your sexual experience in the eagle position. Using lubricant, taking your time, and focusing on intimacy can help to create a longer and more enjoyable sexual experience.
With these tips, you and your partner can work together to master the Eagle position and enjoy the many benefits it has to offer.
Tips and tricks to spice up the experience
Here are 3 ways to spice up the Eagle position:
- Use props: Using props such as pillows or cushions can help support your bodies and make the position more comfortable.
- Try different rhythms: Experiment with different rhythms and pace, from slow and sensual to fast and passionate.
- Incorporate foreplay: Incorporating foreplay before getting into the eagle position can help build intimacy and increase pleasure.
Health and safety considerations
While the Eagle sex position offers numerous benefits and allows for more control and customization, it’s essential to consider the physical, emotional, and safety considerations that come with this position.
- Flexibility: The eagle sex position requires a certain level of flexibility from the receptive partner. Before attempting this position, it may be helpful to stretch and do some light exercise to make sure you’re ready.
- Strength: This position can put a lot of strain on the penetrative partner’s legs and arms. Make sure you have the strength to maintain the position for an extended period of time.
- Comfort: It’s important to be comfortable in any sexual position, and the eagle position is no exception. If you feel any pain or discomfort, stop and adjust your position or switch to something else.
- Consent: Always masculine domination is not a correct way to perform a sex position. Make sure that both partners are consenting to this position and are comfortable with it.
- Trust: The eagle position requires a high degree of trust between partners, as one person is often in a vulnerable position. Make sure you trust your partner before attempting this position.
- Communication: Communication is key in any sexual experience, but especially in a new or challenging position like the eagle. Talk to your partner about what you both like and what you’re comfortable with.
- Lube: Lube can help reduce friction and prevent injury during penetration. Make sure to use plenty of lube to keep things slippery and enjoyable.
- Boundaries: Make sure you’re aware of each other’s boundaries and that you’re not pushing past them. If something doesn’t feel good, speak up and adjust your position.
- Condoms: It’s always a good idea to use a condom to reduce the risk of STIs and pregnancy. Make sure you have a fresh, high-quality condom on hand before attempting the eagle position.
Variations of Eagle position
The Eagle position can be varied in several ways to create new and exciting experiences for both partners. Some common modifications of Eagle sex position include:
- Kneeling Eagle: In this variation, both partners are kneeling on the bed, facing each other. The penetrating partner can either kneel between their partner’s legs or behind them.
- Reverse Eagle: This variation involves the penetrating partner lying on their back with their legs spread, while their partner straddles them facing away.
- Leg-Lift Eagle: This variation involves the receiving partner lifting one or both legs while their partner enters from behind.
It is important to communicate with your partner about what feels good and what modifications work best for both of you.
Similar sex positions to try
- Italian Chandelier
1. Why is this sex position called Eagle?
The origin of the name “eagle” for the sexual position is unclear. It is possible that the position was named after the eagle animal due to the spread legs and arms, reminiscent of the spread wings of an eagle. Alternatively, the name may have come from the phrase “taking flight” as this position can feel exhilarating and offer a unique sexual experience for partners. However, the exact reason for the name remains uncertain.
2. Is Eagle sex position safe during pregnancy?
The safety of any sexual position during pregnancy depends on several factors such as the trimester, the health of the pregnant person and the partner, and any complications or restrictions from the pregnancy.
In general, the eagle sex position can put pressure on the belly and uterus, which can be uncomfortable or even dangerous for some pregnant people. In the later stages of pregnancy, this position can also increase the risk of falling or injuring the belly, as the center of gravity is shifted.
Additionally, some women may have physical limitations during pregnancy that can make certain positions uncomfortable or even painful. For example, they may experience back pain, pelvic pain, or reduced mobility due to the increased weight and size of the uterus.
During pregnancy, it is important to be mindful of positions that may be uncomfortable or pose a risk to the growing fetus. And if you’re feeling any kind of discomfort during Eagle, consult with a doctor to ensure that the sexual activity is safe for you and your baby.
3. Can you get pregnant in Eagle sex position?
Yes, pregnancy is possible in the Eagle sex position or any other sexual position. Pregnancy occurs when sperm fertilizes an egg, and this can happen regardless of the sexual position.
You can use contraception if you do not wish to become pregnant.
- Thompson, Harry. “Exactly How Broken Eagle Sex Position Made Famous by Love Island’s Paige Works.” Dailystar.Co.Uk, 29 Jan. 2022, https://www.dailystar.co.uk/love-sex/what-eagle-sex-position-heres-26073384.
- Contributors, WebMD. “What Is the Eagle Sex Position?” WebMD, https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-is-eagle-sex-position. Accessed 13 Feb. 2023.
- Dellner, Alexia. “Why the Spread Eagle Is the Latest Sex Position You Need to Try.” Women’s Health, 3 Sept. 2021, http://http/www.womenshealthmag.co.uk/health/sexual-health/a702085/the-best-sex-positions-ever-the-spread-eagle/.
- Alptraum, Lux. “These Are The Real Kama Sutra Sex Positions.”, 10 Feb. 2023, https://www.refinery29.com/en-au/2021/07/10593772/kamasutra-sex-positions.
- Malbon, Abigail. “What’s the Deal with The Eagle Sex Position?” Cosmopolitan, 1 Sept. 2022, https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/love-sex/a27732137/eagle-sex-position-love-island-curtis/.