Want to be the captain of your own sexual pleasure? Look no further than the magnificent 69 Sex Position!
Couples who have 3 to 5 different sexual positions in their repertoire have intercourse an average of 2.5 times per week. This is compared to couples who only utilize one position, who have sex an average of once per week. (source)
Get ready for an exciting adventure in the bedroom! The 69 sex position is a must-try for anyone who wants to add some spark to their intimate moments. It’s perfect for both experienced lovers and those just starting out.
We’ve got all the tips and tricks to make your experience even more amazing. So, let’s heat things up and have some fun!
What is the 69 sex position?
The 69 sex position is a mutual oral sex position where two partners perform oral sex on each other at the same time. The 69 position can be a fun and intimate way to explore each other’s bodies and share pleasure.
|Alternate name(s)||Soixante neuf, Two-way oral|
|Position type(s)||69 Sex position, Oral sex|
|Petting||Anal play, Holding her buttocks|
**Impressiveness: This refers to how visually impressive or exciting the position is. This ranges from 1 (not impressive at all) to 10 (extremely impressive).
***Romanticness: This refers to how romantic or intimate the position is. This ranges from 1 (not romantic at all) to 10 (extremely romantic).
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of 69 position
- Mutual Pleasure: This position allows both partners to receive and give oral stimulation at the same time, leading to increased pleasure for both partners.
- Easy Access: The 69 position allows both partners to have easy access to each other’s private parts, making it easier to perform oral sex.
- Increased Intimacy: Because both partners are focused on each other’s pleasure, the 69 position can increase intimacy and emotional connection between partners.
Disadvantages of 69 position
- Physical Challenges: The 69 position can be physically challenging and requires a good deal of flexibility and strength to maintain.
- Lack of Eye Contact: While in this position, partners are unable to see each other’s faces, which can detract from the emotional connection during sex.
- Difficulty Breathing: In the 69 position, partners may find it difficult to breathe comfortably, which can detract from the sexual experience.
How to do 69 sex position?
- Get into position: Both partners should lie down on their side, facing opposite directions with their heads near each other’s genital area.
- Adjust your bodies: The partners should adjust their bodies so that their mouths are near each other’s genital area.
- Start performing oral sex: Both partners should start performing oral sex on each other simultaneously.
- Experiment with different levels of intensity: Depending on your comfort levels, you can experiment with different levels of intensity, from gentle and slow to more energetic and passionate. This can help to build intimacy and keep things interesting and exciting.
- Use your hands: In addition to oral stimulation, you can also use your hands to provide additional stimulation to your partner. This can include caressing, stroking, or gently fondling different parts of the body.
What the man does in the 69 position
Role in the position
In the 69 Style sex position, the man takes an equal role with the woman in terms of stimulation and pleasure. The man will be positioned on his back with his head at the foot of the bed while the woman will be positioned on top of him with her head at the opposite end of the bed, facing the opposite direction.
Supports the woman
To support the woman, the man should use his hands and arms to hold onto her hips and waist to provide stability and control during the act. This also allows the man to move the woman in a way that enhances pleasure and stimulation for both partners.
Stimulates the woman
The man can stimulate the woman in the 69 Style position by using his mouth and tongue to stimulate her genital area. He can focus on her clitoris, vaginal opening, and G-spot to provide a range of stimulation and pleasure. Additionally, the man can use his hands to stimulate her breasts, nipples, and other erogenous zones for added pleasure. By taking an active role in stimulation, the man can help the woman reach orgasm and make the sexual experience more enjoyable and fulfilling for both partners.
What the woman does in the 69 position
Role in the position
In the 69 position, the woman’s role is to pleasure her partner orally, while at the same time receiving oral stimulation herself. This position is great for mutual pleasure and allows both partners to receive equal amounts of attention and stimulation.
Controlling the depth and pace of penetration
For the woman to control the depth and pace of penetration in the 69 position, she can adjust the angle of her body and position of her head to control how deep her partner’s mouth goes. She can also adjust the angle of her hips to control the pace and rhythm of the oral stimulation.
Touching herself or her partner
In the 69 position, the woman can use her hands to touch herself or her partner while they are receiving oral stimulation. She can reach down and stimulate her own clitoris, or she can stroke her partner’s penis or testicles. This added stimulation can increase the overall pleasure of the experience for both partners.
Likeness for the position
Do men like the 69 sex position?
The answer to whether guys like the 69 position is subjective and depends on individual preferences.
Some men might enjoy this position because it allows them to pleasure their partner while also receiving pleasure themselves. It can also add an element of mutual gratification and intimacy to the sexual experience.
Others might find it difficult or uncomfortable to perform oral sex while also receiving it. It can also be challenging to coordinate and maintain the position for an extended period of time.
Do women like the 69 sex position?
Again, the answer to whether women like the 69 position is subjective and depends on individual preferences.
The enjoyment of the 69 style sex position can vary from woman to woman. Some women might enjoy the mutual stimulation that occurs in this position, as both partners can pleasure each other at the same time. However, others may find the position uncomfortable or too focused on their own pleasure and not their partner’s.
Additionally, the position may not be ideal for women who have trouble relaxing during sex or have physical discomfort from certain positions.
Ultimately, sexual preferences are personal and can vary greatly between individuals. It is important to discuss what positions you both enjoy and are comfortable with to ensure a positive sexual experience.
How to master 69 position
Mastering the 69 sex position involves a combination of technique, comfort, and communication between partners. Here are a few tips to help you master this position:
- Experiment with angles: Experimenting with different angles can enhance the sensation and make the 69 position more pleasurable.
- Practice breathing: Practice breathing deeply and evenly to help maintain focus and rhythm during the 69 position.
- Use your hands: Utilizing your hands to stimulate your partner during the 69 position can increase the intensity of the experience.
- Experiment with different rhythms: Try changing the pace and pressure of oral stimulation to see what feels best for both partners.
- Use props or pillows for comfort: Placing a pillow under the chest or hips can help adjust the angles and make it easier to perform the 69 position.
With these tips, you and your partner can work together to master the 69 position and enjoy the many benefits it has to offer.
Tips and tricks to spice up the experience
Here are 3 ways to spice up the 69 position:
- Set the mood: Create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere, such as dim lighting, soft music, and a clean and cozy space.
- Use lubricants: Using lubricants can help to reduce friction and increase pleasure during oral sex.
- Incorporate toys: Adding sex toys, such as vibrators or massage oils, can enhance the experience and add new sensations.
Health and safety considerations
While the 69 sex position offers numerous benefits and allows for more control and customization, it’s essential to consider the physical, emotional, and safety considerations that come with this position.
- Breathing: Because this position requires both partners to be in close proximity to each other, so be mindful of breathing. Sufficient oxygen supply is necessary to keep your body going and perform the position.
- Neck Strain: Prolonged holding of the 69 position can put strain on the neck, particularly for the partner who is on top. Make sure to use pillows or cushions to support your neck and relieve strain.
- Balance: Maintaining balance while performing the 69 position can be a challenge, especially for those who are not used to this position. Pay attention to your posture and ensure that you have a stable base to maintain balance.
- Insecurity: Insecurity can be a major factor in 69, as both partners are in close proximity to each other’s bodies. This can be particularly challenging for individuals who may have body image issues.
- Performance anxiety: 69 can be a high-pressure position, as both partners are actively engaged in pleasuring each other. This can lead to performance anxiety and stress for some individuals.
- Jealousy: If one partner is not getting as much pleasure or stimulation as the other, this can lead to feelings of jealousy and dissatisfaction. Both partners have to be aware of each other’s needs and take turns giving and receiving pleasure.
- Staying Clean: This position puts partners in close physical contact, and ensures that both partners are clean and hygienic to prevent the spread of infection.
- Condoms: As with any sexual encounter, it is important to practice safe sex and use protection to prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Lack of Control: In the 69 position, both partners are occupied with pleasuring one another, and this can result in a lack of control and awareness of what is happening in the moment. Maintain awareness of each other’s bodies and reactions to ensure that the experience is enjoyable for both partners.
Variations of 69 position
The 69 position can be varied in several ways to create new and exciting experiences for both partners. Some common modifications of 69 sex position include:
- Standing 69: Both partners stand facing each other in this variation, allowing for a different angle of oral stimulation.
- Side-by-Side 69: Instead of lying on top of each other, this variation has partners lying next to each other, facing in opposite directions.
- Elevated 69: By elevating one partner on a surface such as a bed or couch, this variation allows for deeper oral stimulation.
It is important to communicate with your partner about what feels good and what modifications work best for both of you.
Similar sex positions to try
- Reverse Cowgirl
- Bermuda Triangle
1. Why is this sex position called 69?
The 69 sex position is named after the number 69 because of the way that partners’ bodies are positioned relative to each other, resembling the number 69. In this position, both partners lie on their sides, facing each other, with their heads near each other’s genital areas. The position allows both partners to perform oral sex on each other simultaneously, hence the name 69.
2. Is 69 sex position safe during pregnancy?
The 69 sex position during pregnancy is considered to be potentially risky and not recommended by most health care providers. There are several reasons for this.
First, the 69 position requires both partners to be in an inverted position with their heads close to each other’s genital area. This can put pressure on the uterus and potentially harm the baby.
Second, the 69 position may cause discomfort or pain in the lower back, pelvis, or hips due to the awkward positioning required. This can be especially true for a woman who is pregnant and experiencing hormonal changes and physical discomfort.
During pregnancy, it is important to be mindful of positions that may be uncomfortable or pose a risk to the growing fetus. And if you’re feeling any kind of discomfort during 69, consult with a doctor to ensure that the sexual activity is safe for you and your baby.
3. Can you get pregnant in 69 sex position?
Yes, pregnancy is possible in the 69 sex position or any other sexual position. Pregnancy occurs when sperm fertilizes an egg, and this can happen regardless of the sexual position.
You can use contraception if you do not wish to become pregnant.
- Zane, Zachary. “10 Variations of 69-Ing Because We Should All Suck More.” Men’s Health, 5 July 2022, https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/a29471974/69-sex-positions/.
- “We Heard Your Complaints About 69ing, So We Got Answers.” Greatist, https://greatist.com/connect/69-sex-position. Accessed 2 July 2023.
- Shannon-Karasik, Caroline. “No, 69ing Doesn’t Have To Be Uncomfortable.” Women’s Health, 10 Jan. 2023, https://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and-love/a19997064/ways-to-make-69-better/.
- Surnow, Rose. “Sixty-Nine (69).” Cosmopolitan, 24 Mar. 2021, https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sexopedia/a8272731/69-sex-position/.
- “Which Sex Position Do Women Love Most? Doggy Style, Survey Says.” Bustle, 5 Dec. 2016, https://www.bustle.com/articles/197751-which-sex-position-do-women-love-most-doggy-style-survey-says.