Ambisexual is a term used to describe individuals who are sexually attracted to both men and women or identify as both male and female. The term is often used interchangeably with bisexual, although some people prefer the term ambisexual to emphasize their attraction to both genders. Ambisexual individuals may have a preference for one gender over the other, or they may be equally attracted to both.
Ambisexual pronunciation: / am-bi-sek-shoo-uhl /
The term “ambisexual” is a relatively new term that has emerged in recent years. Its exact origin is unclear, but it is believed to have been coined as an alternative to the term “bisexual.” Some people prefer the term “ambisexual” because they feel that it more accurately describes their sexual orientation, while others feel that the term is unnecessary and prefer to simply identify as bisexual.
Additional information about Ambisexual
- The term “ambisexual” is not commonly used in mainstream culture, and many people are not familiar with the term.
- The term is often used by individuals who feel that the term bisexual is too limiting, and that ambisexual better describes their fluidity and openness to all genders.
- The term is sometimes used by people who do not identify as strictly male or female, and instead see themselves as somewhere in between.
- Ambisexual individuals may be attracted to people of all genders, including transgender and non-binary individuals.
- Some people use the term “ambisexual” to describe their sexual orientation, while others use it to describe their gender identity.
Explore other interesting terms: